Stand back: we're going to need a lot of candles for this one! Reaching your 80th birthday is a truly amazing milestone, and one deserving of a suitably amazing 80th birthday party. You might not want to stay up til dawn at a nightclub venue, but that doesn't mean you can't celebrate in style at one of our excellent party venues.
So however you want to honour the occasion – bringing friends and family together for a big meal, or hiring a bar venue for a good old fashioned knees-up – we'll be able to provide a selection of venues which are right for you. If you use our search function and make an enquiry, our bookings team can take care of the arrangements on your behalf.
80th Birthday Party Venues: Tips and Ideas
An 80th birthday party might seem quite difficult to arrange. You'll have a wide age range of guests to accommodate, and so picking a venue can seem tough. But, really, the only limit is your imagination. (Just check out this Welsh lady who celebrated her 80th on a giant zip line...). We've put together a list of a few ideas to help you on your way:
- A lot of people will want the chance to congratulate you on the day of your 80th birthday. It's a huge occasion and you'll have plenty of family and friends who want to spend it with you. Make sure you get the guest list sorted carefully before arranging the venue.
- What kind of affair would you like this to be? Something quite casual and relaxed, or something formal and fancy? Decide in advance so you can use the invites to let people know what to expect and how to dress.
- If you're expecting a few little ones to be in attendance (grandchildren or grandnieces and nephews, perhaps), then you might need to check whether your venue is suitable. The little tykes will almost certainly want somewhere to run around and play.
- Do you want there to be music at the event? You've probably assembled a handsome record collection over the years: you could pick out some of your favourites and ask a DJ to give them a spin over the sound system.
- Are you more in the mood for a grand feast? If you'd like to spend an evening enjoying good food in good company, then perhaps one of our banquet halls is one of the best options.
- If you're still stuck for ideas, why not check out this website dedicated to 80th birthday party ideas.