Hiring a concert venue in London can be a real challenge. It doesn't necessarily matter what type of musical performance you want to organise – whether it's a rock band, choir or DJ – finding a suitable space, with the right acoustics and capacity, can be really tough. Thankfully, our search tool lets you browse through a whole host of venues in no time at all.
Once you've found a space that seems right, you can let us know and our party venues team will be able to assist with the booking. If you need any help with your enquiry, just give us a call and we'll be able to handle things on your behalf. You've got a very special musical performance to arrange, so the last thing you need is to stress out over picking a concert venue.
Concert Venues in London: Tips and Ideas
The greatest musical performance ever seen begins with one simple first step: booking a great venue. We want to help you make sure that the event is a triumph, so here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The acoustics are an all-important aspect of the room you're playing in and one of the biggest questions you need to ask is: how far do they suit the music being played? A string quartet will want a certain natural reverb in the space, but a rock band will need a relatively quie acoustic environment to keep the snares and cymbals from overpowering the room.
- Are your audience likely to want to sit down and listen carefully to the music or would they prefer to stand and/or dance? Some venues can be flexible about providing cabaret seating, but many concert venues have fitted seating.
- Will the space be adding anything to the performance itself? An unusual venue – let's say a converted warehouse or loft – will have a real charm to it if offset with the glamour of a classical music performance where the musicians are dressed in formal black tie.
- Do you want to promote a particular cause alongside the music itself? It's fairly typical to choose a charitable cause and promise to donate a small amount of every ticket sold to that philanthropic organisation.
- On the subject of tickets, pre-sales are a really good way of making sure that you know the capacity you want for your venue as well as making sure that you can cover costs.
Zipcube also have a great selection of performance spaces and auditorium for you to browse in considering the right choice of venue for this event. You'll never be disappointed when on the search for a great musical concert venue thanks to Zipcube.