There is no greater feeling than having all your mates surprise you with a birthday party that you had no idea about! Fortunately, the Zipcube team are experts when it comes to surprise birthday parties, so we’ve picked out some great party venues in London for you to choose from.
Has the birthday boy or girl been sold a convincing lie? Do they think they're going out to the pub when really you've invited their closest friends and family for a big surprise party? All you need to seal the deal is a really fantastic venue, and we've got it sorted. Use our search function to browse through a variety of possible options, then let our bookings team handle the rest.
Surprise Birthday Party Venues: Tips and Ideas
A surprise party is a great idea, but before you crack on with the venue planning you should check the following:
- What sort of budget are you working with. Are you on a tight budget or are you splurging a bit on this one? It isn’t an issue if you are on some kind of budget, there are plenty of affordable venues to hire.
- A surprise party can require even more careful planning than a regular party, because of all the secrecy involved. You'll need to make sure that everyone knows where to turn up, and make sure they arrive and are in place before the guest of honour themselves.
- Will you need any catering at this party? Nothing gets the appetite going like a few too many pints of beer or glasses of wine.
- The location is key as well as you want to make sure the venue is convenient for everyone to get too. The worst possible outcome would be for a guest to arrive late and walk into the venue at the same time as the person whose party it is! Might be a bit awkward!
- Whatever happens, you don't want to give the guest of honour too much of a fright (especially if they're of a slightly jumpy or nervy disposition). Try to make the big reveal as quick and fun as possible.
A surprise birthday party can be held at a variety of different venues, anywhere around London, so let’s get thinking of what would suit you best:
- How about getting a large venue with plenty of space? A converted warehouse, a party hall, a banqueting hall or a large garden party venue: the list of possibilities really is expansive.
- Maybe a smaller venue like a hotel bar or a rooftop bar? It can be easier to hide in a slightly smaller space, so this might be better if you want people to all jump out at once when the special person arrives in the room.
- Think carefully about the personality of the person in whose honour you are throwing this party, will they enjoy something a bit quirky and unusual or would they like an elegant, posh sort of venue?
- Are you not sure about how to decorate the space itself? If you want to spruce up the venue but aren't sure how, try checking out these articles on surprise parties: one from Party current and one from Evite.
There are so many reasons to hold a surprise party. It could be:
- A birthday party
- A leaving party
- In fact, you don’t need a reason to have a surprise party. If a friend of yours has been working really hard or has been down about something recently, they probably deserve a bit of extra special attention.