The Bull Hotel is located in the idyllic Suffolk village of Long Melford, within easy reach of Sudbury, Bury St Edmunds and Colchester. The Bull is a fine timbered venue, and was originally built for a wealthy wool merchant in 1450; by 1580 it had become The Bull Hotel. The hotel’s history and character is evident everywhere, from the massive moulded oak beams dominating reception to the wooden rafters, carvings, open fireplaces and period furniture throughout. Its original timber work, both inside and outside, is unusually well-preserved. It is renowned locally for its excellent food, warm welcome and great hospitality.