Every bride and groom will want a wedding ceremony that lasts in everyone's memory for the rest of their lives, which is why finding a fantastic wedding ceremony venue is so important. In London, you're spoilt for choice when it comes to different venues, so the happy couple will have plenty to think about!
At Zipcube, we want to try and reduce any of the stress and hassle that you might run into when trying to find your ceremony space. That's why we've built a simple search function which lets you browse and compare venues quickly (on the basis of price and size), whilst our dedicated wedding venues team can be contacted through our chat system or via phone. We are more than happy to provide any advice or guidance that you require during your search.
Just get in contact and we'll do everything we can to help!
Wedding Ceremony Venues in London: Tips and Ideas
Before you get started with planning your big day, you'll want to make sure that you and your partner are clear on a few fundamentals:
- What kind of budget are you working with? The venue itself is an expensive part of the cost of a wedding, so make sure to put aside at least 30-40% of your budget for the cost of a venue hire.
- How many guests do you plan on inviting to your big day? If you want the ceremony itself to be quite intimate – close friends and family only – then you'll have the option of separate invites to the wedding reception venue, afterwards.
- Is your location convenient for your wedding guests? Try to think about the ease of travel arrangements and whether there are hotels in the area where people might stay if they needed to.
- Try to pick a venue which mirrors the type of people that you are and reflects your personality.
What Do I Need to Know When Looking at Prospective Wedding Ceremony Venues?
This is your big day, so you are more than entitled to take a good look around at your potential venues before making a decision. Find time to meet up with the venue manager and tour the space to double-check everything is as you'd like it to be:
- You should check with the manager to see what time of day you are able to hold the ceremony. Note that it is most likely cheaper to do it in the morning, although that will leave the bride and groom with less time to dress and get ready.
- Check what time you will need to leave the venue and move onto the reception venue or bar.
- Will you have complete privacy? Some venues could have a few weddings going on at the same time so see if you can seclude yourself for a more romantic and intimate ceremony.
- Are there any hotels nearby for your guests to stay at the night before or on the night itself?
- What is the parking situation like? If your venue is quite far out of town, it will make things easier if you're close to a train station as well.
Mistakes to Avoid When Planning a Wedding
- Not establishing your budget from the beginning and not making your priorities clear in terms of where you want your budget to go. It's very easy for costs to rise if you don't set specific boundaries and stay strict about what you'll spend.
- Forgetting to send out invites on time (at least six month's notice is standard) or accidentally forgetting one or two guests.
- Not booking the venue far enough in advance. We can’t stress enough how important this is as some people book well over a year before the big day.
- Not allowing enough time for bridesmaids, groomsmen and the happy couple themselves to prepare before the ceremony. The last thing you want is to see your bridesmaids running down the aisle because things are running late!
If you want to browse through some more options, be sure to check out our unusual wedding venues and marquee wedding venues as well.