When it comes time to celebrate in style, a great party venue will make the difference between a so-so event and a truly memorable night or day. Here at Zipcube, we work with a very large number of private party venues, which means that you can choose a style and atmosphere and we'll find a venue to match it. So whether you'd like a quirky, cool party space for hire or want one of the party venues London offers for corporate and black-tie events: just make an enquiry and let our venue team handle the arrangements.
Take a quick look on our site and you'll see just how many options await you. Everything from your uncle's 50th birthday party to the wildest fancy dress party can be accommodated with ease thanks to Zipcube's simple search function. The hottest event of the year is on its way, with a party room hire system that privileges convenience and flexibility. Let us take care of the stress, while you focus on all the extra arrangements that make a party sizzle with excitement.
Party Venues in London: Tips and Ideas
- The most desirable venues will tend to get booked up quickly, so make sure to start making enquiries a good few months in advance. When party planning, depending on how big the event will be, it's a good idea to make arrangements at least three months ahead of time.
- The first thing you'll want to get tied down is the guest list. Before you can start to make enquiries, you'll need to know how many people will be in attendance: the leap from a small to mid-size venue can only be the difference of ten to fifteen people.
- If you're looking for a cheap party venue hire London has as broad a range of differently priced venues as you could hope for. Whatever budget you're working with, we recommend giving 50-60% of the overall cost to the price of venue hire.
- Catering and party food is another important ingredient (excuse the pun...) when it comes time to plan the festivities. You don't have to pay through the nose for hospitality staff, hors d'oeuvre and champagne – a simple buffet of finger foods and sandwiches will do the trick as well.
- Some venues offer in-house catering for an extra fee per person. The venue manager may offer a competitive deal which works a catering charge into the overall price of the venue hire: it never hurts to ask!
- If you want to save on cost and provide your own food then ask the venue about dry hire options. Plenty of venues offer dry hire to provide your own alcohol as well, you'll just need to check that this doesn't violate their license.
- Got a special party to throw? An 18th birthday party or 30th birthday party?
Great Party Ideas to Consider
A good party is a fairly simple proposition: just get people together in the same room, add music, food and alcohol and you're in for some fun. But if you've got a special celebration coming up and want to plan an event with a bit of a difference, here are a few ideas you might try:
- A wine and cheese evening is a good way to mix food and drink while keeping an air of sophistication to things. If you pick a venue which allows outside catering, you might ask your guests to bring along their favourite fromage to make a communal cheese board.
- A murder mystery party can be a fun way to encourage fancy dress and provide entertainment at the same time. You can also save on costs by writing the story yourself or enlisting the help of a few imaginative friends or relatives.
- A 'pot luck' party is also a good way to save money on catering whilst providing a bountiful buffet for all your guests. Just ask everyone to bring along a dish of their choosing (they might need to bring extra cutlery as well...).
- Party games aren't just for children, depending on what you and your friends are into, organising a table tennis tournament or game of charades might inject some extra energy into the evening.
- Do you have a specific theme in mind? Centring the party around the food and drink can be an easy way to create an atmosphere and add personality to proceedings. You might go for a 1950s theme and serve Old Fashioned cocktails and stuffed celery, or perhaps a Medieval theme where you serve craft ales and a hog roast.
- Simple party games are also a good way to help break the ice and introduce people to one another. Classics such as 'Categories' or 'Hunt the Thimble' will add a bit of welcome silliness to the evening.
There are so many party venues in London to choose from, that it can be tough to work through all the different options and come up with a shortlist. If you need any help or advice whatsoever, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team of venue experts. We know London as well as it's possible to know such a vast, sprawling city, and we'd be delighted to offer advice and help to get your party preparations up to speed.