A traditional English pub really is a joy to behold and Zipcube has a wide selection of pub hire rooms in London to choose from. So whether you're trying to find somewhere to host a board games night or to say goodbye at a work leaving-do: we can help you find a lovely, unique party venue. It doesn't matter whether you like your microbrewery beers and IPAs or prefer to see a well-stocked wine cellar, just use our search engine to browse dates and locations all over the capital, then leave the rest to us.
Pub Hire in London: Tips and Ideas
- Pubs with private rooms tend to vary quite a lot in terms of size and the availability of certain drinks. If you're a bit of a beer snob or cocktail obsessive, you might want to tour a few potential venues and do a good old fashioned taste test.
- A proper knees-up should see the drinks flowing heartily, but if you're planning on hosting a more relaxed affair you might need to check whether your preferred venue has a minimum spend policy.
- Have you thought about holding a pub quiz to provide a bit of entertainment? All you'll need is a volunteer quiz master and some time to research the questions. (Just check with the venue about the use of a PA system or microphone if you've got a large group).
- Are you a gastro-pub fanatic? Or do you prefer a simple burger and chips? If you need food at your event, take a look over their pub menu – you might be better off booking somewhere without a kitchen that allows outside catering.
- Are you feeling adventurous? Why not seek out a trendy pub serving the hippest tipple around, like craft vodka and turmeric cocktails?
Popular Pub Snack Ideas
If you've arranged the dry hire of a pub function room and fancy doing your own catering, why not fix up some of these classic dishes to bring along:
- Scotch eggs
- Pork pies
- Homemade pork scratchings
- A platter of cured meats and local cheeses
Not sure if a London pub venue is quite right for the occasion? Just use our website to browse a few alternative options and see what you find. The choice of banquet halls, private dining venues and cocktail bar venues on display should make organising the event easy enough.
Looking for the perfect pint?
What would a pub be without a wide selection of taps and an excellent selection of ales, lagers and ciders. Here are a list of some of our favourite craft beers to try:
- Fruit based IPAs. From mangoes to orange, the humble pale ale can be made extra delicious with an added dose of fruit flavour.
- Chocolate stout. If you enjoy the hearty flavour of a smooth stout but sometimes find it a little too bitter, the added taste of chocolate can make for a more rounded drink.
- Sour Beer. If you like a sweeter ale or beer but find it can get a bit sickly, you might enjoy the recent microbrewery trend for sour beers.