Break out the birthday cake and prepare to have your special day your way! London is stacked with some amazing venues for birthday parties. From going all night long at some of the city's best nightclubs to being with your closest friends and family at your favourite restaurant.
Fortunately for you guys, the Zipcube team just happen to be experts when listing the perfect birthday party venues London has to offer. So sit back, send us some of your requirements and time frames, and then put your feet up. You can sketch out your dance floor filling playlist, while we do all the leg work for your big day!
Birthday Venues: Tips and Ideas
- Perhaps the time has come to get your dancing shoes on and make like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. If you're looking to show off your moves – or lack of them (don't worry we won't judge) – then check out some of the best nightclub venues in the capital using our search engine.
- Or maybe you want to celebrate in privacy with just you and a few friends? Booking out a private dining room could be just what you're looking for, or even a private screening room to watch your favourite movie.
- If you want something completely outside the box, why not look into a boat party on the Thames? Or rent a party bus to tour down Oxford Street? They might be a bit unusual, but these mobile birthday party venues make for a very memorable night out.
- Why not arrange a little get away in a nice country house or hall? You could book catering for a lovely lunch or dinner.
- Cocktail party venues are a great choice if you want to relax with a Mai Tai or Margarita. Just send your friends to the bar when it's time to replenish the vodka martinis.
No matter what your plans are, here are some things to bear in mind before you start searching:
- How many guests do you plan on inviting to your big day? If you have a lot of friends or family in mind then make sure your preferred birthday venue has enough capacity.
- It's important to remember that the most lavish birthday party venues get booked up a long way in advance, so make sure you book sooner rather than later in case you miss out.
- Do you have a rough idea about how much you want to spend? A birthday venue is important, but so is the catering and putting money behind the bar. Make sure you've got some sort of balance in your party budget.
- Will you need the venue for the entire day or just for the evening? Some venues may allow you to pay by the hour, so it's important to check before you book.
- Are you going to hire a DJ or covers band to provide music? If so, you'll need to check that the venue has a PA system and other necessary equipment.
- Is there a particular part of London you would like to celebrate in? If you want the venue to be close to some family or friends in Chelsea, for example, then you'll need to bear in mind the added cost of more premium locations.
Whatever you decide to do, remember that Zipcube is here to make your special day that little bit easier and stress-free, so you can carry on and enjoy each moment to the fullest!
Birthday Party Venue Trends to Consider
Whether you're the sort of person who raves all night to pumping house music, or you tend to prefer a quiet night in playing Scrabble, it never hurts to stay up to date with the latest birthday party trends:
- Comfort food will never go out of party fashion. Although we all like snacks, canapés and finger foods, it's the chocolate fondue fountains and doughnut walls that are starting to take over extravagant birthday party celebrations.
- Although having a free bar or waiters serving prosecco and champagne is always a hit with regular party-goers, the latest trend is for a self serve drinks station, to provide maximum ease for thirsty guests.
- If plain old drinking and dancing just isn't enough, there's no shortage of possible entertainment out there. From jugglers to acrobats, silhouette artists to roaming beat boxers – you can keep your guests entertained and enjoy a show yourself.
- Having a particular focus for your party is another way to keep things a little more original. Wine tasting parties, karaoke parties or even bushcraft and foraging parties make for an exciting day or evening.