If you're looking to pop the question and need a suitably beautiful venue in which to do it, your proposal will be in safe hands with Zipcube. There are lots of incredible, scenic venues all over London which will provide the perfect backdrop when you ask your partner for their hand in marriage.
Our wedding venues team can offer advice and guidance when you register an enquiry, to help you pick a perfect spot. All you have to do is get in touch via our website or over the phone and we'll be happy to talk.
Proposal Venues in London: Tips and Ideas
- Perhaps the most important aspect to consider when picking a proposal venue is whether the surroundings and views out of the window say 'romantic'. If you're going to take some photos, immediately after your engagement is made official, then you'll want them to take place with some magnificent scenery in the background. A rooftop venue is a great choice if this is high on your list of priorities.
- Of course, you might not be interested in grand scenery. It might be that, for you, the significance of the venue itself is more important than how good it looks. You might want to revisit a part of town where you went on your first date. Or visit somewhere you've always talked about going to together.
- It's not uncommon to propose during dinner, perhaps after the main course but before dessert. If you want to make a special meal even more special by asking your loved one to marry you, you can also hire out a private dining room.
Before you get the venue search underway, be sure to check the following:
- Do you have a budget you need to stick to? It’s not a problem if you're being careful about expense, there are plenty of affordable venues in the capital which can be flexible on price. Just come up with a rough idea of what you're willing to spend before you start searching.
- Is location the most important thing for you in deciding where you want to hire? If there's a particular part of London that stores important memories for you and your beloved, then you might find the search easier based on that parameter.
- Are you going to pull out all the stops and hire a string quartet to play music while you propose? If you're going for a supremely romantic gesture, then be sure to work out the logistics with the venue. (If it's an outdoor proposal you want, be sure to have a back-up plan in store if it starts to rain).
If you'd like to watch the Thames roll softy past and propose by the river, we have a number of riverside venues for you to browse through. Alternatively, you might propose on the water by hiring out a private boat venue.