When it comes to finding the best restaurants for birthdays London has an amazing selection to choose from. If you've spent any time in the capital at all, you'll know you are surrounded by some of the best restaurants, bars and pubs in the world. Making plans for a birthday dinner London will be talking about for years to come is no simple feat, but using Zipcube's simple search function – you can get stuck into a great selection.
Perhaps you want to spend your birthday dining on caviar and foie gras or munch on vegan pad thai and edamame bean salads. Whatever your culinary preferences, Zipcube can help you find the ideal restaurant. So whether you want to enjoy a private dinner in Soho or a rooftop brunch in Clapham, just browse our search engine and see what takes your fancy!
Birthday Dinner Venues London: Tips and Ideas
To save you time and hassle, we’ve put together a fantastic selection of private dining venues for you to choose from. Whether you want to enjoy brunch out in the open, on a balcony with a view of the city, or you want to be behind closed doors in a cellar type venue with live music, we can help you find the perfect birthday dinner venue.
- Remember to figure out your budget as soon as possible so that you can plan accordingly. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have too much cash to spend, we can still find a brilliant venue for you in no time!
- How many people do you plan on inviting to your birthday dinner? This is worth calculating carefully: you don't want your guests to be cramped into a tiny space!
- When it comes to private dining, it's all about eating a truly great feast. From a six-course dinner to a breakfast of champions there is practically nothing you can't find in London, so peruse those menus carefully online before making a booking.
- Have you thought about a theme for your birthday meal? You’re never too old for a themed party, so if you fancy banqueting like a character from Game of Thrones then maybe one of our banquet halls is the perfect choice.
- If decadence and extravagance are what you're after, perhaps you'd prefer a Great Gatsby-themed birthday dinner? You can find an opulent dining room done up in the Roaring Twenties style.
How to find the best restaurants for birthdays in London
- If you are planning on going somewhere new, it might be a good idea to embark on some food tasting to make sure the menu is up to scratch.
- Sometimes, more out-of-the-way restaurants will offer better value than those in a more central location, but make sure to think about where your guests are travelling from to find a venue that's convenient for all.
- It might be worth visiting a few restaurants before making any decisions, just to check on the atmosphere. If you want a boozy birthday dinner then perhaps a pub room would be ideal or if you want to find a venue which requires a dress code and several courses you might scout out a few fancy restaurants.
Some of our top venues for a great birthday lunch or birthday dinner include:
Since it's your birthday, you should try and do something special and personal to you! If you want to make this a day to remember, here are a few ideas to help.
- Have some dinner games at the table. They could be witty word games or simple drinking games, but they'll be guaranteed to lift the atmosphere and improve the party spirits.
- Decorations for the venue could be personalised to the birthday boy or girl, so think about having things like baby pictures, embarrassing school photos and sporting success moments littered all around the tables.
- Don’t forget the birthday cake! There are some great places to find personalised cakes in London, and you'll have no trouble finding a bakery to provide your perfect dessert.