Marquee wedding venues can make for gorgeous ceremonies. At Zipcube, we want to help you find an outdoor wedding venue in London that is a perfect fit for your plans. With the added flexibility that comes of being hosted outdoors, with plenty of room for anyone who wants to attend, they really are a dreamy option for a wedding venue when the sun is shining and the weather is just right.
All you need is the right spot, somewhere in the great outdoors, with grounds that encompass gardens, orchards, vineyards and lawns. If you use our search function to browse the available options, you'll find a perfect marquee wedding venue for al fresco catering and a marriage ceremony that honours the great outdoors.
Marquee Wedding Venues London: Tips and Ideas
As beautiful as a marquee wedding can be, there's one thing that's certain: the extra complications of hosting an event outside can involve some additional planning. We've put together a list of tips and ideas for you to consider, to help you get your special day running like clockwork:
- Whilst you can have a less-is-more approach to a marquee wedding, it's essential that you procure certain equipment such as lighting (once the sun goes down), generators to keep everything going (especially if you are in a very remote area), and removable, tiled flooring for the pop-up dance floor.
- Drinking out in the fresh air is simple enough, so long as there are plenty of glasses to go around, but catering options in a marquee may require a little more forward thinking. If you don't want to have table service, then you may need to plan the table lay-out quite carefully, as marquees won't always be well suited to large crowds coming and going to get food from a buffet or BBQ.
- Have you thought about travel arrangements and the possibility of accommodation for your guests? Some of the most beautiful marquee wedding venues can be a little remote, so your guests will probably need a good amount of guidance on how to get there and where they can stay.
- If your marquee is in a remote location, quite far outside of London, it might be worth speaking to a few local B&Bs ahead of time to see if they can offer a group discount for some of your guests.
- One advantage of a wedding which is mostly held outside is that it's very child-friendly, and if the grounds of the venue are picturesque: your guests will enjoy touring them throughout the day. It's almost a form of free entertainment.
What Do I Need to Know Before Hiring a Marquee Wedding Venue?
- Will the ceremony and the reception be in the same venue? If not, you might need to hire a coach to take guests from one part of London to the other.
- Do you want to have the marquee set up for people to eat in and dance in? You'll either need a large marquee or you'll have to arrange for a switch-over of the space between the end of the meal and the beginning of the music.
- You'll be contending with the elements even on a clear, sunny day. Wind can be a nuisance, and something to think about, as can too much sunshine. Make sure to have plenty of sun cream and insect repellent to hand for your guests in case people forgot to bring any.
- Dehydration can also be an issue when outside in the heat. Encourage your guests to drink plenty of water as well as sparkling wine and cocktails.
- If you want to have extra events before the wedding (to welcome guests), or after the wedding (to say thank you) then you might need to arrange these in separate venues. Try browsing our selection of wedding breakfast venues and wedding dinner venues to find some extra options.
- If you need to hire the marquee itself, try having a look at this marquee hire site to check prices and see availability.
- Still weighing up the pros and cons of having a marquee wedding? This article from the Australian site Wedshed offers some helpful advice.