If you're searching for an outdoor wedding venue which will leave your nearest and dearest overjoyed on your behalf, then look no further. At Zipcube, we've brought together a great selection of wedding venues which can satisfy even the fussiest of wedding planners. From beautiful garden wedding venues, to marquee wedding venues hosted in the grounds of majestic old buildings: you'll be sure to find a venue you love.
Our venues team are on hand to help you make the arrangements and finalise your booking. All you have to do is use our search function to look through the collection of great outdoor wedding venues on display, and then make an enquiry.
Outdoor Wedding Venues: Tips and Ideas
Struggling to decide between a few different venues? Not sure quite where to start? Here are some ideas to get you going:
- If you're a nature-lover, then the idea of a wedding held outside – somewhere green and picturesque – may be a top priority. Thankfully London is one of the greenest cities in the world. Ask yourself whether you'd be happy with a large garden or courtyard, or want something even bigger like a country estate.
- If the outdoors part is more important that the greenery part, then you might be want to consider a rooftop or terrace venue somewhere quite central: the views over London will be truly spectacular.
- There are plenty of venues a little further outside of the city with quite large lawns and terrain to wander around in. You'll just need to think about travel arrangements, as more remote locations can be trickier for your guests to get to.
- If your wedding is going to be in a particularly rural or forested environment, then you may need to hire some extra equipment such as generators and outdoor lighting equipment. If your party is going on well into the night, you wont want your guests stumbling around in the dark.
- There are plenty of catering options to choose from for your big day, but if your outdoor wedding venue is in a suitably natural environment, then you might be able to arrange for food to be prepared which borrows from the local surroundings. If there's a community garden nearby, you could ask them to provide a few ingredients, or try and source things like wild garlic and berries from any nearby woodland.
What Do I Need to Know Before Planning an Outdoor Wedding?
Planning a wedding can be complicated at the best of times and contending with the great outdoors can add an extra dimension of complexity to things. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The weather will pose issues, regardless of whether it's good or bad. In the case of rain, you'll need to have a back-up plan of somewhere sheltered for people to go to. If it's very sunny, you'll need to make sure people have plenty of shade and suncream.
- Walking around in high heels and polished brogues isn't too much fun if the ground is wet and slippery. Depending on how outdoorsy you plan on making things, you may need to arrange for carpets or additional flooring to be laid down.
- Facing up to the elements can also make life quite tough for your hairdresser. If you've had your hair styled quite elaborately for the wedding ceremony, there's always the threat that wind could undo all their good work.
- Outdoor heaters or campfires may be necessary for later on in the evening. You won't want your guests to catch cold and spoil their memories of your wedding day.
- If you still feel you need some extra advice, this article from Martha Stewart's website is very helpful.
- As is this article full of even more outdoor wedding ideas.