Looking for a conference centre in London to put on a seminar or large scale presentation? Well, here at Zipcube we have put together some venues in London which will surely make your life nice and simple.
We cover all sorts of venues from hotel conference venues to private rooms, business training rooms and auditorium. With the help of our search tool, Zipcube can have you set up with a great conference space in no time at all.
So let us do the legwork whilst you worry about the small details which lead to a fantastic venue hire.
Conference Centres in London: Tips and Ideas
Not sure how to get the ball rolling with your next conference venue? Not a problem, Zipcube have spaces all over the capital. Pick from a luxury venue if you have a good amount to spend or – if you're on a budget – we have venues at affordable rates, all of which are located throughout the London area.
Some trends that might suit what you're looking for:
- Unique conference rooms. Maybe you want to take the edge off of that corporate feel and have your guests more relaxed in a comfortable setting. Small and large seminar venues are perfect for addressing guests directly. Maybe a hybrid event venue would suit you best with the ability to see a live stream or blog whilst you or a guest gives a presentation (don't hesitate to ask for particular things such as: mics, projectors, a speaker panel, any type of extra chairs or equipment).
- Do you want to have a teamwork-orientated atmosphere amongst your guests? Hire a conference room capable of hosting team-building activities (this can be great for networking contingency and overall guest satisfaction).
How Should I Run My Conference?
It doesn't matter whether you're hosting a corporate, training or even academic conference: it is vital that you engage with your audience and drive home the points you are trying to make with your guests. Yet, we understand that facilitating such group hearings can be a real juggle, so here are some tips if you are hosting the event yourself.
- Let the audience know as much information as possible (background information) about what you are presenting and your research.
- Well prepared material is much easier to communicate than if you try and wing it there and then, so come prepared. (Perhaps keynotes are a good idea?)
- Bring your material to life with relevant case studies which will have an impact on the audience. You don't want your guests to be looking at their phones mid-way through your talk do you!? A good way to keep them engaged is the use of powerful and interesting powerpoint slide shows as well as music.
- Leave time at the end for a Q & A session and spend a bit of time in advance considering what sort of questions people might ask.
- Are you in fact planning on setting up a convention instead and need a large conference room venue to hold it in? If you want to host a sci-fi convention, professional convention, job search convention (any kind of convention!) you have come to the right place! We have plenty of venues which could be suitable.
When making your booking, there are a few important details to keep in mind:
- Book sooner rather than later, as the best venues tend to get swooped up a few months prior to the event.
- Think about a theme that might fit with your venue. Perhaps you want a modern, contemporary venue to fit your professional convention or conference.
- Good speakers and guests are important to your event as they can attract people and ultimately bring in profit. Make sure you decide if you want your conference/convention to be free entry or at a particular cost.
- Run through your itinerary before you go ahead with everything to make sure things run smoothly.
- Check the equipment that you requested works and is easy to use so you don't have any nasty surprises at the beginning of your event.
- A venue can truly become a critical factor for your big event so it is crucial that you go through lights, sound systems and any other small factors (interruptions can be costly!).
- Check what sort of budget you have so you can plan appropriately. We suggest that you put your main focus of funds towards the venue, catering and entertainment.
- What sort of location would work best? A particular location might be ideal for some of your guests, but not others. Try to pick a spot that's well connected and easy to travel to.
Our dedicated conference venues team will be able to assist with your preparations one way or another. If you have any technical questions you'd like to ask or aren't quite sure about some of the venues – pick up the phone and let us help.