Looking for a perfect wedding reception venue in London? Here at Zipcube, we understand that your wedding day means everything to you. However, it's not always easy to find the space that's just right. We've decided to save you some hassle by putting together the perfect collaboration of wedding reception venues in the London region.
Whether your dream is to find that gorgeous country house, a glamorous terrace with a beautiful view of the capital or perhaps something completely outside the box: Zipcube is here to help you. With just a few clicks, you can have your dream come to life and begin preparations with the wedding venue arrangements already sorted.
London Wedding Reception Venues: Tips and Ideas
- We can't stress enough how important it is to book in advance. Some of the best reception venues we have are swooped up early, so make sure you get in touch sooner rather than later.
- What kind of budget are you working with? No matter whether you're looking to save some cash or trying to go all out: we've got a venue for you.
- Is there a particular area of the city you would like to be near? We have spots all over London.
- What particular style of wedding do you think you are looking for? At Zipcube we have a wide selection, whether it be traditional or modern and everything in between, you choose!
- No idea on where you want your wedding to be? Here are some suggestions: luxury country house venues, boat party venues, dining halls and banquet halls, garden and marquee wedding venues or even some unique places like museum venues which are one-of-a-kind.
How to Plan a Perfect Wedding Reception
Once you've made some of the fundamental arrangements, it's always a good idea to run through a quick check list:
- How do the happy couple plan to arrive at the reception? Do they want guests to wait for them outside?
- Will there be much of a break between the ceremony and the reception?
- Do you want to take photographs with any of the wedding guests before the reception begins?
- Will there be a seating plan or will the meal be a more casual, buffet affair?
- Have you arranged for drinks to be ready – such as some cava or sparkling wine – as soon as the guests arrive?
- How long after serving food do you expect the DJ or live music to begin?
If you're still not sure about what you'll need to arrange, take a look at this Step-by-Step Guide to planning a Wedding Reception.
What Do I Need to Know When I'm Looking for My Venue?
It can be hard to know what to look out for when you're searching around for a wedding party venu, so we've made a short list of pointers for you to check through:
- What sort of atmosphere do you want? Your reception venue is not just a room where people can eat, drink and dance – it's an extension of the bridge and groom's personalities. Of all the choices you'll make in planning your big day, this will have the biggest overall impact on how people respond to events and what they remember. For that reason, it's important to pick a venue that feels right.
- Do you want to separate things? Some couples feel very strongly about whether the different parts of the day – the meal, the dancing – take place in different areas of the venue, whilst others are happy to hire out one large space and change the layout of the room as required. This latter option adds an extra logistical element to things, so it's worth discussing with your partner before you start to view spaces.
- Is this a single day affair? It's becoming increasingly common for couples to extend their matrimony celebrations to cover an entire weekend, possibly with an element of travel as well. This suits couples who want an intimate ceremony and don't need to worry about the cost of inviting too many people, but it does also mean that a lot of thought needs to go into the location of your venue. You'll need somewhere where your guests can find accommodation easily, but also has enough going for it to keep everyone entertained for a few days.