Are you trying to find a cheap wedding venue in London? Do you want your special day to be extra special without breaking the bank? If you want to plan a wedding which is big on emotion and atmosphere, but relatively low on cost, then Zipcube are here to help.
We understand that planning a wedding is a huge undertaking and that part of the stress will often be finance related. There shouldn't be any stigma attached to the idea of finding an affordable wedding venue that allows you to be flexible and make some of your own provisions. That's why we've created a selection of great wedding spaces in London which are perfect for a reception or for the ceremony itself.
Once you've found a venue you like, our dedicated wedding venues team are on hand to assist with the booking itself. We can take over your enquiry and make sure you've got the space you want for the times and dates you want it.
Cheap Wedding Venues London: Tips and Ideas
Finding a wedding venue, especially an affordable one, is often a big task. We've put together a short checklist of things for you to consider:
- One of the best ways to cut costs is to plan your wedding for the less popular winter months. Since fewer couples choose to marry between October and February, you'll find that venues are generally more flexible on price and may offer discounted rates.
- How long do you want the venue for? If you can arrange an hourly rate, instead of a daily one, you can save yourself some money.
- How many guests will be attending the reception? You'll need a rough idea before you make an enquiry. The closer you can get your venue to fit the number of people (i.e. not too big, not too small), the more cost-effective your wedding venue will be.
- Do you want there to be a free bar, but you're worried about how much that might cost? If you set a time limit for free drinks (i.e. between the hours of 8pm and 10pm) that can make things a little less expensive.
How Can I Throw an Affordable Wedding?
Hiring a relatively cheap wedding venue is a great way to boost your finances. (After all, the happy couple have a honeymoon to pay for and may want to get on the property ladder if they haven't been able to already). But there are other ways to save money by using your imagination and offering up some of your spare time:
- Lavish doesn't always mean expensive, nor does good quality have to mean costly. Everything from your wedding invites to your wedding cake can be handmade at home. It might take a long time, but the savings that result may well be worth the extra effort.
- Does your nephew or sister have a sideline in DJing? Is your father a micro-brewery enthusiast? Another great way to keep costs down is by asking for favours instead of wedding presents.
- A wedding gown and wedding suit are an important part of the ceremony for the big day, but there's no harm in renting any of your garments – at the end of the day, you're only going to wear this stuff once.
- If you're still looking for extra ways to keep things affordable, this article on Cheap Budget Weddings might be helpful.
What Types of Venues Should I Consider?
- Marquee Wedding Venues. If you just need to hire a marquee and garden, this may work out less expensive than a full venue hire.
- Garden Wedding Venues. The same is true for hiring a garden. It will require a summer month, in the interest of the weather, but can make for a delightful wedding reception.
- Unusual Wedding Venues. The more imaginative you get about where you have the reception, the greater the cost savings you're likely to find.
- Halls for Hire. Hiring out a hall is a very cost effective choice for a wedding reception and possibly the ceremony too.