Are you trying to organise an important celebration? Need a stylish function room to host a party or special get-together? Whether it's a corporate event to entertain clients or a family reunion, Zipcube have put together a fantastic selection of London function rooms to make planning your event as stress-free as possible. From cheap meeting rooms to a quiet back room in a cosy pub, Zipcube bring everything together all in one place.
What Are the Advantages of a Function Room Hire in London?
- Versatility is the name of the game when hiring these sorts of spaces. From basement gigs to private soirées, most venues will offer up the space and let you arrange anything from an acoustic folk night to a wine tasting event.
- Cost is also an important factor. If you're organising a party or social event, then a lot of pub function rooms are available for a small fee, just as long as there's a minimum spend behind the bar.
- A lot of hotel function rooms may offer a discount on guest rooms if you're happy to arrange a group booking. Just ask during your enquiry!
What Are Function Rooms Used For?
This can vary, because these spaces are – by their nature – very versatile. However, here are a few examples of what they can be used for:
- Small social gatherings and get-togethers (i.e. a board games night or a 'meet and greet' evening)
- Charity fundraising events or donation drives (i.e. a temporary space for clothing and food donations, in response to a natural disaster)
- Political campaign headquarters (i.e. during local elections, these spaces are a convenient temporary HQ)
- Corporate functions and private functions (anything from parties to a retirement send-off)
Function Rooms in London: Tips and Ideas
- The best venues get booked up quickly, so make sure to book a few months in advance. It's also useful to have more than one date in mind, just in case your first choice of date is not available.
- It may be a good idea to look into a few venues at a time in order to get the best offer.
- Make sure to think carefully about the budget you can work with as well as the amount of guests you plan on inviting.
- Location is always an important factor. You don't want your guests traveling all day to get there, so make sure to find something that is convenient for everyone.
- Will you need chairs and tables at your event? Be sure to check with the venue itself ahead of time to make arrangements.
- Do you require any equipment such as a projector, a mic or a screen for a presentation?
- Have you thought about having any catering for your event? This is why restaurants with function rooms can be extra convenient.
- How long do you want to have your venue for? Will there be time before or after for presentations and speeches?
- How will most people arrive to this event? Will they take their own cars or will people mostly use public transport? You might need to choose a venue with a car park if a lot of people are driving.
- What kind of event do you plan on hosting? If it's a very casual event do you think that a theme might be necessary? Or perhaps you want to keep it professional and have your event black tie, the choice is yours!
- When it comes to decorating your event you might want to choose a particular colour scheme or design a specific layout. Show off your event with lanterns, art works, photo backdrops and flower arrangements. Whatever you think will bring the affair to life.
If you're unsure which type of venue would be most useful for your event, we recommend browsing through some other options. Why not take a look at our gala dinner venues, launch party venues or networking event venues?
How Can I Find Function Rooms Near Me?
Using Zipcube's simple search tool is the easiest way to discover function spaces which will suit your needs, but there are some other techniques if you can't quite find what you're after.
- Visit a local pub or hotel in person to see if they have a spare room which they can rent out to you. They might not think to list it online, but they might have space.
- The same is true for some local community groups or community centres. These spaces can be available, but an enquiry in person might be necessary first.
- Word of mouth is always a good way to find out about spaces. Ask friends or relatives who have hosted similar events to yours or know other people who have done so.
- Online message boards and websites can also be a good way to find out information about available spaces.
If you're still searching around for inspiration, then you can take a quick look at this Pinterest board which displays some fantastic function rooms.